Saturday, January 31, 2009

Greetings From Wild Salmon Retreat!

Just before I started blogging, I was lounging on the couch, feeling the warmth of the fire from the wood stove and reading a good book. The dogs are sleeping on my side. The act like their sooo tired. We took a stroll to the river (Cowlitz) this afternoon and as we approached the bank a bald eagle swooped down across us. He/she was pretty big and amazingly beautiful. The river has changed its course once again since my last visit; the main channel now flows along the opposite side of the bank. There is a small tributary (Lake Creek) that dumps into the Cowlitz River; I found a comfortable looking rock, sat on it, closed my eyes and listened to the sounds of rushing water. It was incredibly peaceful. During the summer, we should have a nice little beach and swimmimg area. Beware though - the water is very chilly (glacial water).

I hope to use my time here to get reconnected with God and nature. I don't understand why God would allow this to happen. I'm certain one day I will see the necessity of it. In regards to chemotherapy, I need an attitude adjustment. Chemo is a tool to help me and the benefits outway the costs.

I will have my port put in on Feb. 10th and chemo will begin Feb. 11th. For now though, I will not think about that and just enjoy and relax.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad your out in nature. My friend had just given birth to her second son and was breast feeding when she found some lumps. she went to the doctor and they decided to do a mamogram. before they did so they pg tested her and guess what she was prego. well it turned out to be a very bad form of breast cancer with only a couple year survival rate, she was 32. They told her to abort the baby because her cancer was so bad but she would not. She was the 72nd person to go through chemo prego.the baby was born perfect and healthy. He just turned one years old and is doing great. She asked the same question to me, God, everyone.. how could God allow this to happen. Everyday I pray for her as I will do for you. she made it through pregnacy and chemo and I know you can do it too. Just remember to get through this minute this hour this day b/c the next moment is worth living for, XOXOXO

    Here is some entertainment:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HrOOoSljk8

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJTyKilNUHc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie,
    I think my last post didn't go through. You are in my thoughts, heart, and prayers. You are one of the most positive gal I know. You will beat this and be a better doctor for it!!
    Norma Waters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey my #1!
    Love and kisses from Holland. Thanks for the posts. They help me feel connected to you. I don't believe that God has anything to do with your cancer. He gives us the strength to deal with the life happenings all around us. God is in you and holding you safe. You have sooooo many prayers raising you up. You will survive we all need you here. I pray for you everyday and you are in my thoughts always. Oh, and I'm staying out of trouble. I love you....D#3

    ReplyDelete