Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Chemotherapy

In the last few days, I have felt good. I feel like I'm regaining my strength and energy. It's nothing like my pre-surgery energy, but it's better than it was just a week ago.

My chemotherapy is to begin in 2 weeks and I must say that I am not looking forward to it - let alone 4 months of it. I'm concerned about the damage that the chemicals will do to my healthy cells/tissues, but I really don't have a choice in the matter. Well, I do have a choice, but the alternative of doing nothing, reduces my risk of survival. Thank goodness for acupuncture which will help with the side effects of chemo. Before chemo begins, a port will be inserted in my chest - just under the skin.

I'm going to the cabin this Friday with a girlfriend. I'll probably stay for 5-6 nights. I thought it would be good to getaway. I'll use this time to begin healing. I understand that in addition to my physical healing, I need to explore the emotional and spiritual healing that underlies the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment