Friday, December 11, 2009

Season Greetings

Its hard to believe that one year ago, November 24, I was diagnosed with breast cancer - where did the year go? It passed so fast just like the blink of an eye.

I just finished up Fall qtr. I was enrolled in two classes, but I ended up taking an incomplete in one. I just didn't have the energy or endurance to plow through. I learned some valuable lessons this quarter; the most important is to acknowlede that I presently have limitations, therefore it is important to pace myself. Do any of you have any idea how difficult that is? I'm sure you do. While my mind may say one thing, my body says something different. My goal is to bring both of them into alignment and find a balance.

Next qtr (Winter), I have decided to take classes that will build me up and contribute to my health. I call them fun classes - Foods and Herbs, and Hydrotherapy. I think both of these classes will nourish and heal my cells. My priorities have shifted - my health and my family is more important that school right now. My lighter load at school will allow me to work at Curves a couple hours/week while Theresa is on maternity leave.

I am going to be a grandma in about 6 weeks - I am so excited. About 4 weeks ago, I began a beginning knitting class. I am having so much fun knitting - it's all I want to do. I found some fabulous organic yarn at Fred Meyers in wonderful warm colors.

I hope you all are being kind to yourself - I sure am with each day. I've gotta keep my cells giggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment