Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Chemotherapy Begins

Good morning all,

I awoke this morning at 5:30am; today, I begin chemotherapy today at 8:30am; Becca spent the night last night and will take me. When I awoke yesterday morning, I began to cry. In just a few hours I was had my appointment for my port placement. It finally hit me that I was really scared of the poisons that they would inject into my body. I prayed, and told God that I was scared and asked Him for help. I found prayer to be comforting. It was about 6:30 in the morning and I felt like I needed to call someone and let them know that I was scared, so Mark (ex-husband) was the lucky one to get the call. Fortunately for me, he was up.

The port was placed in my chest just under the skin and it will be used to administer chemotherapy.

My plan for chemotherapy this morning is to look at it as a tool to hopefully prevent reoccurence. I will use visual techniques to see it as such. I will visualize that the chemo agents are wild salmon and the cancer cells are flies. As the chemo agents are injected, I will think of them as salmon searching to gobble up the flies. I can envision this for I studied wild salmon in graduate school - I know what they look like and I have seen them eat bugs. After visualization, I will listen to a meditation tape, sleep and bring a good book to read. Must get ready to go...wish me luck and please keep the prayers coming. I would like to request that you pray for my family too. I know this is difficult for them as well.

3 comments:

  1. Prayers are going for health and relief. Need rides let me know. I am home. Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
    Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.
    And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.
    Jer 29:11-13 NKJV

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb,
    How are you doing today? Hope you are doing better than the 4th day. I got an update from Theresa. Love, N

    ReplyDelete